Today Canon has announced a new affordable lens, featuring NANO USM technology for high-speed, enhanced four-stop Image Stabilization and LCD information display. The new Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens is designed for professional photographers and hobbyists.
This lens is the second lens from Canon equipped with NANO USM technology, a focusing motor that combines the benefits of a ring USM (ultrasonic motor) for high-speed AF during still photo shooting and lead-screw type STM (stepping motor) for smooth and quiet video autofocusing (AF).
Here are the key features of the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens:
- High-speed autofocus for shooting stills and smooth, near-silent autofocus when shooting video is achieved by incorporating NANO USM technology.
- New Lens Information Display shows focusing distance, focal length and shake amount.
- One UD Lens helps reduce chromatic aberration and delivers outstanding high resolution and high-contrast results.
- Image Stabilizer effect at up-to-4 stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
The Canon EF 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens is set hit retail in November 2016 for a suggested retail price of $549.99.