Huawei is set launch a new Honor smartphone next week. The Honor 9 will be unveiled at an event in China on June 12th, and is expected come with a dual rear camera and a generous 6GB of RAM, making it another flagship smartphone in the company’s Honor line-up.
The Honor 9 will feature a metal body frame equipped with a glass rear, similar to the one onboard its predecessor the Honor 8. The former was previously certified by TENAA, confirming its hardware specifications. It was listed with a 5.15-inch 1080p Full HD display, Kirin 960 chipset, 4GB or 6GB RAM options, expandable storage slot, 12-megapixel and 2-megapixel dual rear cameras and also an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
Huawei should offer the Honor 9 in a choice of colours including gold. The device will come pre-loaded with Android 7.0 Nougat OS alongside Huawei’s user interface. As for the price, you have to wait until next Monday when Huawei officially announces the Honor 9 at the Shanghai Oriental Sports Center in China.
- 5.15-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) processor + i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 12MP + 2MP Dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.3 × 70.9 × 7.45mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 3100mAh battery