The Mi 5c features an ultra slim, lightweight body design that comes in a choice of colours; Gold, Rose Gold and Black. The device is powered by Xiaomi’s Surge S1; an octa-core 64-bit processor that runs up to 2.2GHz at max frequency. It is coupled with a 3GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.
The Mi 5c comes with a 5.15-inch JDI display and 1.6mm ultra-thin bezels. Xiaomi says that using Surge S1 chipset allows the device to handle backlight optimization at chipset levels — up to 2048 ultra-precise brightness adjustment levels. It also comes with a large 1.25μm pixel size camera sensor which runs on Surge ISP algorithm, enhancing light sensitivity by up to 150%. The Mi 5c also comes with front fingerprint reader, 9V 2A fast charging battery, and only weighs 132g with its ultra-light metal body.
The 3GB+64GB version of the Mi 5c retails for ￥1,499 (~$218). According to Xiaomi, users who purchase the Mi 5c smartphone will be able to upgrade to Android 7 Nougat OS in March.
Xiaomi Mi 5c Key Specs
- CPU: Powered by Surge S1, octa-core 64-bit processor (2.2GHz quad-core A53 + 1.4GHz quad-core A53)
- Display: 5.15” display, 550-nit brightness, 2048 brightness levels with ultra-precise backlight controls
- Design: Slim and light premium metal body: 132g and 7.09mm thin
- Battery: 2860mAh battery; 9V/2A fast charging
- Memory: 3GB + 64GB, dual-channel LPDDR3 + eMMC5.0
- Camera: 1.25 micron pixel size, ultra light-sensitive 12MP camera
- Features: Front fingerprint sensor