Nikon is expanding its range of SnapBridge-compatible cameras with the launch of the new D5600, a DX-format DSLR camera for people who want to explore the creative world of photography.
The Nikon D5600 DSLR camera has a 24.2 megapixel DX-format image sensor that captures fine textures and renders photos and movies with crisp detail. An ISO range of 100-25600, and an expanded ISO sensitivity of 6400 in Night Landscape mode, ensures low-light scenes and difficult lighting situations are handled with ease.
With Nikon’s SnapBridge, users can automatically sync photos to a smart device, as they shoot, and then share the inspiring results right there in the moment. With the D5600, SnapBridge also makes it possible to use the connected smart device to shoot remotely via the camera’s built-in Wi-Fi capability.
During viewfinder shooting, the new touch Fn function offers an intuitive alternative to using the command dial or multi-selector: now photographers can operate the Auto Sensitivity control, as well as selecting the focus point or adjusting other important settings, via the large touchscreen.
Additionally, a frame advance bar, inherited from Nikon’s professional D5 and D500 cameras, makes it possible to quickly scroll through images in playback mode. For movie shooters, the new Time-Lapse Movie function (inherited from Nikon’s high-end DSLRs) makes it simple to transform slow-moving scenes into dramatic high-speed sequences.
The new Nikon D5600 DSLR camera is expected to be made available for sale in Europe in the coming days. The exact shipping date and pricing are yet to be confirmed.
Nikon D5600 DSLR Key Features
– Nikon D-SLR image quality: the large 24.2 megapixel DX-format sensor, wide ISO range of 100-25600, and EXPEED 4 image-processing engine combine to deliver stunning images and incredible detail—even in low light.
– SnapBridge: Utilises Bluetooth low energy technology to let the D5600 maintain a constant, low-power link with a smartphone or tablet. Sync and share D-SLR quality images on the go via the Bluetooth connection. Easily transfer movies, or use a smart device to shoot remotely via the camera’s built-in Wi-Fi capability.
– Vari-angle touchscreen: large 8.1 cm (3.2 in) LCD with wide viewing-angle and high 1,037k-dot resolution.
– Optical viewfinder: approx. 95% frame coverage with approx. 0.82x magnification
– AF precision: miss nothing thanks to the razor-sharp 39-point autofocus system with nine cross-type sensors in the centre, and up to 5 fps continuous shooting.
– Movies worth sharing: record smooth, finely-detailed Full HD video clips at frame rates of up to 50p/60p.
– Travel ready: body weighs just 415 g (approximately) and boasts a deep grip for a stable, exceptionally comfortable hold.
– Expandable system: compatible with a wide range of NIKKOR lenses and Nikon Speedlights, as well as Nikon’s ME-1 stereo microphone and the ME-W1 Wireless Microphone.
– Kits: the D5600 comes with multiple kit options. The exceptionally versatile double zoom VR lens kit is great for everything from unique travel photos to distant action. Includes the D5600 camera, the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm VR wide-angle zoom lens, and the AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm VR telephoto zoom lens. AF-P NIKKOR lenses make a perfect choice for movie shooters as these lenses focus quickly and quietly, enabling smooth video footage with practically no drive noise.