Razer today announced the new Razer Blade 14-inch gaming laptop. This latest version of Razer’s gaming laptop offers an updated CPU, faster memory and a new 4K UHD screen option.
The latest generation of 7th Gen Intel Core i7 quad-core processor in the new Razer Blade is more powerful and more efficient than last year’s model. The powerful CPU of the new Razer Blade is capable of achieving double-digit increases in productivity benchmarks and is paired with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics to deliver the best frame rates. The new Razer Blade is light weight and durable, measuring only 0.70 inches thin, it weighs a little more than four pounds and is housed in a unibody CNC aluminum chassis.
A Full HD panel comes standard on the new Razer Blade, while a new 4K UHD touchscreen option will be available for the first time on Razer’s 14-inch model. Razer Blade users can enjoy extraordinarily clear visuals and intense frame rates in games with the Full HD display, or step up to the clarity of 4K for ultimate picture quality and the convenience of a touchscreen interface.
The Razer Blade comes standard with 16GB of DDR4 dual-channel memory running at 2400 MHz, Wireless-AC and Thunderbolt 3 connectivity. The system offers PCIe SSD storage options up to 1TB, providing fast data transfer speeds. Other features include a comfortable and accurate anti-ghosting keyboard that is powered by Razer Chroma. This technology unlocks a color palette of 16.8 million colors and a virtually endless array of keyboard lighting effects that can be customized and synchronized to display in-game events.
The new Razer Blade Full HD systems are available now in North America and Europe at RazerStore.com and in-person at RazerStore San Francisco, as well as other select retailers and etailers. The 4K UHD model is expected to be made available in Q2.
The Razer Blade gaming laptop has a starting retail price of: US$1,899 / C$2,749 / €2.149 / £1.799. And will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany and France at:
Razerzone.com – February 13, 2017
Select Retailers – February 20, 2017
Worldwide – March 2017
Razer Blade Full Specifications:
- Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.8 GHz / 3.8 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- 16 GB System Memory (DDR4, 2400 MHz)
- Windows 10 64-bit
- 256 GB / 512 GB / 1 TB SSD (PCIe M.2) options
- 14-in. IPS Full HD Matte (1920 x 1080) /
- 14-in. 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) capacitive multi-touch options
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Kensington security slot
- Compact 165 W power adapter
- Built-in 70 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.70 in. / 17.9 mm (Height) x 13.6 in. / 345 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight (Full HD): 4.10 lbs. / 1.86 kg
- Approx. Weight (UHD): 4.30 lbs. / 1.95 kg