Sony has unveiled a new lens (SELP18110G) for professional movie makers and photographers.
The new Sony Super 35mm / APS-C format power zoom lens starts at 18mm wide angle and extends to 110mm at the telephoto end (27mm – 165mm equiv. in 35mm format), with 6.1x high zoom ratio, even with inner focus, and maintains a constant F/4 aperture throughout for beautiful depth of field effects and stable exposure control across the entire standard zoom range.Sony SELP18110G Super 35mm / APS-C power zoom lens key features:
- E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS (SELP18110G) with 6.1x high zoom ratio
- High resolution suited to professional 4K movie production
- Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) design and construction to minimise unwanted focus and image shifts whilst focusing or zooming
- Advanced operability including three separate focus, iris and zoom rings for professional operation
- Optical SteadyShotTM in-lens image stabilisation
- Compact, lightweight design with dust and moisture resistance
The new Sony SELP18110G Super 35mm / APS-C power zoom lens for professional movie makers and photographers will go on sale in Europe from December 2016, priced at approximately €4,000 (~$4,490 – £3,383).